Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Two Sparkly Cupcakes-But No Sparkly Pink Tutu For Me

"Remember to pay attention, then ask for a sucker." Sweet words of advice given to me by my two and a half year old, Berkley Ella as I was swiftly heading out the door for my first adult ballet class.

As I was excitedly getting dressed for my first adult ballet class, Berkley asked, "you are going to the same place as me?" WOW!! Yes, your 32 year old Mommy has been counting down this day for many months....okay, years now. I've always wanted to take ballet and I decided: 1. There no time like the present.
2. I am not getting any younger!! So, go for it!!

Grandma, Gramdpa and Adrian sweetly braved the cold, came over and watched Berkley and Major while I ventured off to my new favorite activity. After giving bye-bye hugs and kisses, I dashed off to the car, quickly starting it-not even giving it time to warm up on this fridged Thursday night. I zoomed off into the black night, not wanting to be late to their very first class.

I loved every moment of my ballet class. Putting on the pink fitted shoes, learning the five positions (and having my two months of classes in eighth grade come back to me), the plies, the classical music in the background, the grace, long movements and just being able to feel feminine-all wrapped up in one package.

To our surprise, I was the only student that was at the class this evening, so I was blessed with my very own private lesson. Estie, my new ballet teacher really complimented me---saying that I was natural and you could tell that I had taken lessons before. I left feeling uplifted, girly, and already excited about our next class. I must admit that I didn't wear pink-nor did I borrow any of Berkley's little Tutu's....but I am thinking that I will probably go out and buy a little wrap around skirt for my next lesson.

Feeling so blessed for the opportunity to pursue one of my lifelong dreams, I was doubley blessed as I walked into the door to "Mommy!! You're home!!" And sweet little Major wanting to wrap up in Mommy's arms right upon my arrival.

We thanked Grandma, Grandpa and Adrian for coming and playing-gave hugs and kisses to go around and then went to out little window to watch them walk to their car. "Bye-bye Grandma. Bye-bye-Grandpa," said little Berkley. "Bah-bye".....said little Major!!

Yes, he's beginning to talk!! Having a sweet sister to giggle with, play with, laugh with, and talk with is such a blessing to all of us-Berkley, Major, Mommy and Daddy. Dada, bye-bye, Mama, pee,pee and bah (for ball) have all made it on his list. And just as his Mommy enjoyed every movement in her ballet class-Major too is wanting to move!! Move, by cruising, "crawling, "swaying" to music. Looks like we have a mover and a shaker!!

Even at the end of the day, they are my two sweet cupcakes with sprinkles on top!! Sprarkley sprinkles, that come in many bright colors!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautifullly written post Amy! So fun! So happy! So endearing! So delightful! Love you Sweet!

    ReplyDelete