Sunday, January 17, 2010

How many sweet pennies will this wedding cost us?


Well, it has been decided by you guessed it....Berkley-that her wedding is going to cost "twenty coins." Thanks to Grandma and Daddy Berkley has already filled up her small little pink piggy bank one time-and we've had to empty the contents into a "jar." So, maybe in thirty years we'll have twenty vats full of coins to pay for this wedding, complete with helicopter and all. Good thing, she doesn't know anything about those shows that show the most EXTRAVAGANT weddings...she may want to start watching!!! YIKES!! I think we're already heading in the direction.

In that case........ 1. We'd better keep filling up her little pink piggy bank
2. Start coordinating things this year.......

After making her own decisions on her method of transportation to her wedding, who was going to drive the helicopter (herself of course!), who the photographer would be ("ME!!") It was a great surprise to me, when I asked her, "so, are you basically going to be the boss?" "No, Mommy." So it sounds would like she would like to be in charge of a few details, (at least the ones that seem important to her as a two and a half year old) but for now, we'll leave the rest up to Mommy. Mommy would be perfectly happy with that as she once dreamed of being a wedding planner herself.

For now, it's fun to let her imagination run wild and hear her ideas.....but I don't even think that in twenty years from now, will I be ready for her to be getting married. Right now, I am enjoying her as a two year old-playing with dollies, wanting to put on fingernail polish with Mommy, needing to bring a purse on every outing, being SO sweet in her Sunday School class, and thinking/acting on ways she can take care of her little brother.

When we do visit the grocery store, and I get a few coins back....I tell her to put them in her pocket and before we know it....her little pink bank will be filled to the brim again. As I am overflowing for love for her, Major and my sweet husband and somedays wish that they would stay this young forever.

Just think how much weddings will cost in 20-20 years??...we only hope to be able to give her the best in life-not just monetarily-but more importantly unconditional love, a love for the Lord, for her family and others, while teaching her to do her best in all things. Those things you can never fill enough pink piggy banks with!

3 comments:

  1. Well I finally got signed in to be able to post comments. I must say my little great grandaughter is a precious jewel. She is so smart and cute and fun to be with. It will be so interesting to see her grow and develop into a fine young lady with lots of personality. I love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a precious post Amy. Sweet Sweet Berkley! Amy Sweetie Pie (your name when you were a baby) and Precious Major! The Loves of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like such a little adult! What great company she must be. What I wouldn't give to steal her for a day...

    ReplyDelete